Job Requisition #44938
A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Shari Pilon-Thomas, Department of Immunology. Our research is focused on the enhancement of anti-tumor immune responses using vaccines or adoptive cell therapy (ACT) with tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) for the treatment of solid tumors.
- We seek a highly motivated, team-oriented individual interested in translational immunotherapy research for the treatment of solid tumors. Applicants should have less than two years post-doctoral experience.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic immunology techniques, including multi-color flow cytometry.
- Is well-experienced in culturing mammalian cell lines and primary mammalian cells, especially T cells and tumor cell lines.
- Has experience working with mouse models of cancer and demonstrates a working knowledge of mouse genetics and basic mouse husbandry.
- Is a self-motivated, organized, and team-oriented individual.
- Learn research techniques that directly relate to the program’s scientific projects and goals with appropriate direction and supervision.
- Plan, conduct, and document experiments independently; evaluate and interpret data with guidance.
- Develop scientific writing and presentation skills, including grant proposals, manuscript preparation, and formal seminars.
- Present research findings to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Cancer Biology, or other related field.
- Applicants should have less than two year's post-doctoral experience.