- The purpose of this study is to develop a statewide Biobank for a prostate cancer among men of African ancestry in Florida.
- Biobank is a bio repository for biological samples (e.g., tumor tissue, saliva) for research.
- Your participation in this study will increase our knowledge of how prostate cancer may be developed, detected and possibly treated in future patients.
- This study is not designed to treat existing cases of prostate cancer.
Who can Participate?
You may be able to take part in this study if:
- You are a man of African ancestry in Florida.
- You have been diagnosed with prostate cancer between January 2013 – December 2018.
- You are male over the age of 20
Interested in Participating in the Study?
Or submit the Eligibility Checklist
What happens in the study?
- If you agree to take a part in the study, you will be asked to complete a response form and sign the informed consent form. You will be provided with prepaid return envelope to mail them back to us.
- You will receive a packet with a cover letter and a short questionnaire in the mail. You can complete the questionnaire and mail it back to us.
- Once we receive the questionnaire, you will be asked to provide a saliva sample, and permission to obtain your medical records regarding prostate cancer diagnosis and treatments and tumor tissue sample from your medical providers.
- You will be asked to complete a short questionnaire 1 to 2 years later.
- Participants will be compensated for the time and information shared.