Language and Intelligence
- Tuan-Dung Le, Phuong D. Nguyen, Dmitry Korkin, Thanh Thieu (2022). PHILM2Web: A high-throughput database of macromolecular host–pathogen interactions on the Web. Database, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1093/database/baac042.
- Thanh Thieu, Jonathan Camacho Maldonado, Pei-Shu Ho, Min Ding, Alex Marr, Diane Brandt, Denis Newman-Griffis, Ayah Zirikly, Leighton Chan, Elizabeth Rasch (2021). A comprehensive study of mobility functioning information in clinical notes: Entity hierarchy, corpus annotation, and sequence labeling. International Journal of Medical Informatics, Volume 147, 104351, ISSN 1386-5056, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmedinf.2020.104351.
- Denis Newman-Griffis, Julia Porcino, Ayah Zirikly, Thanh Thieu, Jonathan C. Maldonado, Pei-Shu Ho, Min Ding, Leighton Chan, Elizabeth Rasch, (2019): Broadening horizons: the case for capturing function and the role of health informatics in its use. BMC Public Health 19(1): 1288.
- Wenxian Zhou, Ao Yuan, Thanh Thieu, Hong-Bin Fang, Ming T. Tan (2017). Phase II basket group sequential clinical trial with binary responses. Austin Biometrics and Biostatistics, 4(1), id1033.
- Thanh Thieu, Sneha Joshi, Samantha Warren, Dmitry Korkin (2012). Literature mining of host–pathogen interactions: comparing feature-based supervised learning and language-based approaches. Bioinformatics, 28(6), 867-875.
- Tuan-Dung Le,Phuong D.Nguyen,Dmitry Korkin, Thanh Thieu (2021). A high-throughput, online tool for investigating host-pathogen macromolecular interactions buried in scientific literature. IEEE/ACM Conference on Connected Health Applications, Systems, and Engineering Technologies, December 2021, Washington D.C.
- Suhao Chen, Tuan-Dung Le, Thanh Thieu, Zhuqi Miao, Phuong D. Nguyen, and Andrew Gin (2021). Computer-assisted medical billing information extraction: comparing rule-based and end-to-end transfer learning approaches. IEEE/ACM Conference on Connected Health Applications, Systems, and Engineering Technologies, December 2021, Washington D.C.
- Thanh Thieu, Ha Do, Thanh Duong, Shi Pu, Sathyanarayanan Aakur, and Saad Khan (2021). LexDivPara: A Measure of Paraphrase Quality with Integrated Sentential Lexical Complexity. Intelligent Systems Conference (IntelliSys) 2021, 2-3 September 2021, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Thanh Thieu, Jonathan C. Maldonado, Pei-Shu Ho, Julia Porcino, Min Ding, Lisa Nelson, Elizabeth Rasch, Chunxiao Zhou, Leighton Chan, Diane Brandt, Denis Newman-Griffis, Ao Yuan, Albert M. Lai (2017). Inductive identification of functional status information and establishing a gold standard corpus: A case study on the Mobility domain. IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM), Kansas City, MO, 2319-2321.
- Denis Newman-Griffis, Thanh Thieu, Chunxiao Zhou, Diane Brandt, Jonathan C. Maldonado, Julia Porcino, Albert M. Lai, Leighton Chan (2017). Characterizing the Language of Functioning: A Corpus Analysis Illustrating How Human Function is Described in Clinical Text. AMIA Joint Summits on Translational Science, San Francisco, CA.
BOOKS & THESIS
- Dmitry Korkin, Thanh Thieu, Sneha Joshi, Samantha Warren (2011). Mining Host-Pathogen Interactions. Systems and Computational Biology - Molecular and Cellular Experimental Systems, 10.5772/22016. (Book Chapter)
- Thanh Thieu, Dmitry Korkin (2015). Graphical Evolving Transformation System Machine. University of Missouri - Columbia, USA. (Ph.D. Dissertation)
- Thanh Thieu, Dmitry Korkin (2011). Mining Host-Pathogen Interaction from Biomedical Literature. University of Missouri - Columbia, USA. (M.S. Thesis)
- Ahmadreza Homayouni, Thanh Thieu, Tieming Liu (2021). A novel feature selection method for non-image based diabetic retinopathy prediction. Harold Hamm Diabetes Center Research Symposium, November 2021, Virtual Online.
- Suhao Chen, Thanh Thieu, Zhuqi Miao, and Tieming Liu (2021). Developing a Computer-Assisted Medical Billing Coding System. 29thInternational Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), CA, USA. Honorable Mention.
- Krishna Patel, Tuan-Dung Le, Thanh Duong, and Thanh Thieu (2021). Using Natural Language Processing to Identify COVID-19 Spread Factors From the Literature to Assist With Mitigation of Future Outbreaks. 2021 OSU Undergraduate Summer Research Expo, July 28, 2021, Stillwater, OK, USA.
- Thanh Thieu (2021). A pilot study of mobility functioning information in clinical notes. NSF SCH Smart Health in the AI and COVID Era, Live Online.
- Thanh Duong, Robert Owens, Thanh Thieu (2020). An Automated Quality Measure of Sentential Paraphrases. The 109th Annual Technical Meeting of the Oklahoma Academy of Science.
- Suhao Chen, Thanh Thieu, Zhuqi Miao, Tieming Liu (2020). Text Mining Of Clinical Notes For Medical Billing. Institute for Operations Research and Management Science (INFORMS) Conference. Online Virtual.
- Thanh Thieu (2020). Tackling the COVID-19 pandemic using Deep Natural Language Processing. Website of Computing Research Association Virtual Conference. July 22 – 23, 2020.
- Thanh Thieu, Jonathan C. Maldonado, Pei-Shu Ho (2020). A comprehensive study of mobility related function in clinical notes. Coalition for Advancing Digital Research & Education (CADRE) Conference. Tulsa, OK. https://shareok.org/handle/11244/324833
- Suhao Chen, Thanh Thieu, Zhuqi Miao (2020). Software Comparison for Clinical Named Entity Recognition (NER) : A Phase-1 Study for Developing A Computer Assisted Medical Claims Billing and Coding System. in Coalition for Advancing Digital Research & Education (CADRE) Conference. Tulsa, OK: Oklahoma State University Libraries. (1st Place Award)
- Thanh Thieu (2020). Identify mobility functioning information from electronic health records. Computer Science Colloquium, Oklahoma State University. Stillwater, OK.
- Ayah Zirikly, Min Ding, Denis Newman-Griffis, Julia Porcino, Thanh Thieu (2018). Mobility Dictionaries: A Step towards a Standardized Ontology for Functioning Information. Mobilizing Computable Biomedical Knowledge. Bethesda, MD.
- Thanh Thieu, Dmitry Korkin (2013). A language-based approach to mining host-pathogen interactions from biomedical literature. MidSouth Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Society Conference. Oklahoma City, OK.
- Thanh Thieu, Samantha Warren, Dmitry Korkin (2010). Mining Host-Pathogen Interactions from Biomedical Literature. International Conference on Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology. Boston, MA.