Job Requisition #33577
A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Shari Pilon-Thomas, Department of Immunology. Our research is focused on developing translational immunotherapy for the treatment of solid tumors.
- We seek a highly motivated, team-oriented individual interested in translational immunotherapy research for the treatment of solid tumors. Applicants should have less than two years post-doctoral experience.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic immunology techniques, including flow cytometry.
- Is well-experienced in culturing mammalian cell lines and primary mammalian cells
- Has experience working with mouse models of cancer and demonstrates a working knowledge of mouse genetics and basic mouse husbandry
- Learn research techniques that directly relate to the program's scientific projects and goals with appropriate direction and supervision.
- Plan, conduct and document experiments independently; evaluate and interpret data with guidance
- Develop scientific writing and presentation skills, including grant proposals, manuscript preparation and formal seminars
- Present research findings to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings
Credentials and Qualifications:
- MD or Ph.D. Ph.D. in Immunology, Cancer Biology, or other related field.