Listed are my recent publications
- Davis JL, Grant CG, Rivers BM, Rivera-Colón V, Ramos R, Antolino P, Harris E, Green BL. The prostate cancer screening controversy: Addressing bioethical concerns at a community health promotion event for men. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2012;23:11-14.
- Davis JL, Bynum SA, Katz RV, Buchanan KL, Green BL. Sociodemographic Differences in Fears and Mistrust Contributing to Unwillingness to Participate in Cancer Screenings. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2012;23:67-76.
- Rivers BM, August EA, Quinn GP, Gwede CK, Pow-Sang JM, Green BL, Jacobsen PJ. Understanding the Psychosocial Issues of African American Couples Surviving Prostate Cancer. J Cancer Educ. 2012;27(3):546-558.
- Gwede CK, Ashley AA, McGinnis KE, Montiel-Ishino FA, Standifer M, Baldwin J, Williams C, Sneed KB, Dash-Pitts L, Green BL. Designing a community-based Lay Health Advisor training curriculum to address cancer health disparities. Health Promot Pract. 2013;14(3):415-424.
- Chornokur G, Han G, Tanner R, Lin HY, Green BL, Pow-Sang J, Phelan C. High grade prostate intraepithelial neoplasia (PIN) is a PSA-independent risk factor for prostate cancer in African American men: results from a pilot study. Cancer Lett. 2013;331(2):154-157.
- Rivers D, August EM, Sehovic I, Green BL, Quinn GP. A systematic review of the factors influencing African Americans’ participation in cancer clinical trials. Contemp Clin Trials. 2013; 35(2):13-32.
- Davis JL, Buchanan KL, Green BL. Racial/ethnic differences in cancer prevention beliefs: Applying the Health Belief Model framework. Am J Health Promot. 2013;27(6):384-389.
- Green BL, Rivers DA, Kumar N, Baldwin J, Rivers BM, Sultan D, Jacobsen P, Gordon LE, Davis J, Roetzheim R. Establishing the infrastructure to comprehensively address cancer disparities: A model for transdisciplinary approaches. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2013;24(4):1614-1623.
- Rivera Colón V, Ramos R, Davis JL, Escobar M, Ross Inda N, Paige L, Palencia J, Vives M, Grant CG, Green BL. Empowering underserved populations through cancer prevention and early detection. J Community Health. 2013;38(6):1067-1073.
- Wilson DS, Dapic V, Sultan DH, August EM, Green BL, Roetzheim R, Rivers B. Establishing the infrastructure to conduct comparative effectiveness research toward the elimination of disparities: A community-based participatory research framework. Health Promot Pract. 2013;14(6):893-900.
- Wells KJ, Lima DS, Meade CD, Muñoz-Antonia T, Scarinci I, McGuire A, Gwede CK, Pledger WJ, Partridge E, Lipscomb J, Matthews R, Matta J, Flores I, Weiner R, Turner T, Miele L, Wiese TE., Fouad M, Moreno CA, Lacey M, Christie DW, Price-Haywood E, Quinn CP, Coppola D, Sodeke SO, Green BL, Lichtveld MY. Assessing needs and assets for building a regional network infrastructure to reduce cancer related health disparities. Eval Program Plann. 2014;44:14-25.
- Rivers BM, Bernhardt JM, Fleisher L, Green BL. Opportunities and challenges of using technology to address health disparities. Future Oncol. 2014;10(4):519-522.
- Ramos R, Davis JL, Antolino P, Sanz M, Grant CG, Green BL. Language and communication services: A cancer center perspective. Diversity and Equality in Health and Care. 2014;11(1):71-80.
- Standifer M, Baldwin J, Davis J, Gwede C, Williams C, Dash-Pitts L, Goldsmith J, Brooks TC, Wathington D, Green BL, Sneed K. A transdisciplinary approach to eliminate cancer disparities: An overview of community engagement and outreach efforts in an National Institute of Health Center for Excellence. J Health Dispar Res Pract. 2014; 7(2), Article 1.
- Sultan DH, Rivers BM, Osongo BO, Wilson DS, Schenck A, Carvajal R, Rivers D, Roetzheim R, Green BL. Affecting African American men’s prostate cancer screening decision-making through a mobile tablet-mediated intervention. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2014;25(3):1262-1277.
- Davis JL, Rivera-Colón V, Ramos R, Escobar M, Palencia J, Vives M, Grant CG, Green BL. Yo me cuido®: Addressing breast cancer screening and prevention among Hispanic women. J Cancer Educ. 2014. [Accepted for Publication].
- Quinn GP, Schabath MB, Sanchez J, Sutton SK, Green BL. The importance of disclosure: lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender/transsexual, queer/questioning, intersex (LGBTQI) individuals and cancer screening. Cancer. [Accepted for Publication].
- Quinn GP, Sutton SK, Winfield B, Breen S, Canales J, Shetty G, Sehovic I, Green BL, Schabath MB. L Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning (LGBTQ) Perceptions and Health Care Experiences. Journal of Gay & Lesbian Social Services, 27:246–261, 2015.
- Quinn GP, Sanchez J, Sutton S, Vadaparampil S, Nguyen G, Green BL, Kanetsky PA, Schabath MB. Cancer and Sexual Minorities: Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender/Transsexual, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Populations (LGBTQI). CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians. 2015.
- Parikh RR, Grossbard LM, Green BL, Harrison BL, Yahalom, J. Disparities in Survival by Insurance Status in Patients with Hodgkin Lymphoma. Cancer [Submitted for Publication].
- Tucker CM, Wippold GM, Guastello AD, Arthur TM, Desmond FF, Rivers BM, Davis JL. Rivers D, Green BL. Predictors of Cancer Screening among Culturally Diverse Men. American Journal of Men's Health. 2016. [Accepted for Publication].
For additional publications, please view my CV.