1. Mithila A. Sawant, Aparajita Dasgupta, Manish S. Lavhale, Sandhya L. Sitasawad. Novel
Triterpenoid AECHL-1, induces apoptosis in breast cancer cells by perturbing the mitochondria endoplasmic
reticulum interactions and targeting diverse apoptotic pathways. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1860 (2016) 1056–1070.
2. Dasgupta A, Sawant M, Lavhale M, Krishnapati LS, Ghaskadbi S, Sitasawad S (2015) AECHL-1, a
novel triterpenoid, targets tumor neo-vasculature and impairs the endothelial cell cytoskeleton.
Angiogenesis (2015) 18:283–299, DOI 10.1007/s10456-015-9466-5.
3. Aparajita Dasgupta*, Mithila A. Sawant*, Gayatri Kavishwar*, Manish S. Lavhale, Sandhya L.
Sitasawad. AECHL-1 targets breast cancer progression via inhibition of metastasis, prevention of EMT
and suppression of Cancer Stem Cell characteristics. Sci. Rep. 6, 38045; doi: 10.1038/srep38045
(2016). (* equal author)
4. Ravikumar Jimmidi, Govardhan K. Shroff, M. Satyanarayana, B. Ramesh Reddy, Jahnavi Kapireddy,
Mithila A. Sawant, Sandhya L. Sitasawad, Prabhat Arya, and Prasenjit Mitra. Prevention of
mitochondrial membrane permeabilization and pancreatic β-cell death by an enantioenriched,
macrocyclic small molecule. Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2014, 1151–1156.
5. Vasundhara Kain, Mithila A Sawant, Aparajita Dasgupta, Gaurav Jaiswal, Alok Vyas, Subhash
Padhye, Sandhya L Sitasawad. A novel SOD mimic with a redox- modulating Mn (II) complex, ML1
attenuates high glucose-induced abnormalities in intracellular Ca2+ transients and prevents cardiac
cell death through restoration of mitochondrial function. Biochemistry and Biophysics Reports 5
6. Govardhan K. Shroff*, Mithila Sawant*, Ravikumar Jimmidi, Girdhar Singh Deora, Sandhya
Sitasawad, Prabhat Arya and Prasenjit Mitra. A novel Macrocyclic Small Molecule Inhibitor of
Cyclophilin D Prevents Cell Death by attenuating Mitochondrial Calcium overload and Permeability
Transition. Scientific Reports. (Manuscript under Revision; *equal author).
M. Sc., Mumbai University
Ph.D., Pune University
SRB-4, Lab # 24234
Moffitt Cancer Center
12902 Magnolia Drive
Tampa, Florida 33612